How you invest, expend and replenish your energy is the key to high performance in business and in life!
In business, YOU are the single most important asset. While advertizing leads, systems, dialogues, practices and presentations are all important – if YOU are not well physically, mentally and emotionally, your business will suffer. In order to build a stronger more profitable business, you must harness your energy. The quality and quantity of energy are the determining factors for being able and willing to get out there and be successful!
Webster dictionary defines energy as (1) “the ability or capacity to do work or to produce change” (2) “the intensity or vitality of action.” Think back a moment – when you feel confident and well rested, have a purpose for your day and you are getting your priorities done – how’s business? Pretty great right? On the other hand – if you are totally exhausted; you skipped breakfast; you’ve been burning the candle at both ends for weeks; haven’t been able to get to your workout for weeks – how’s business now? If you are in this situation, you may be questioning why you are putting in the effort at all.
Let’s take a look at your energy. What threatens it, how can you get more of it and how can you best harness it to propel yourself and your business forward each day toward your goals and dreams?
- Mental Intake: Read positive books; listen to and watch positive media.
- Associations: Surround yourself with positive, supportive people.
- Taking Care of Yourself: Eat nutritious foods, exercise regularly and get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Align your Values: Invest time each day in the people and activities most important to you and your business.
- Written Goals: Focus on the things you want for your life and create an action plan to achieve them.
- Fear & Worry This will sap your energy and steal your motivation
- Indecision: It paralyzes you and stagnates your progress
- Drama: We’re drawn to it – but it distracts us from what we need to do while trapping us in a negative state of mind.
- Lack of Direction: Aim at nothing and you will get nothing in return!